1 I MET MUM HIM AGO TWO MONTHS HIS SISTER AND
2 ME HE I HIM I FANCIED LIKED REALISED TOO REALLY AND
3 FIRST MET MY FRIEND SINCE SHE BEEN ‘S WE
4 MORE ME AND HIM HAVE AND MORE EACH OTHER BEEN SEEING OF
5 KIND BEING SO AND GENTLE HE UNDERSTANDING IS
6 TOGETHER SEVERAL TRIPS ‘VE BEEN WE ON
7 THERE MINDS SO HE MUCH IF TO TELL YOU BUT I HAVEN’T ASKED HIM
8 WELL ACTUALLY WHAT NO WE HAVENT THINKING YOU MUST BE DONE
9 UP TRADITIONALLY VERY HE BROUGHT ‘S BEEN
10 HOW CAN I PUT A CARDINAL IS THIS HIS DAD
11 GO TO BED ME REFUSED HE IS TO WITH
12 WEEKS TWO SINCE ENGAGED ARE WE
13 WE GETTING NEXT YOU AND DAD COME WEEK ‘RE CAN MARRIED
(other orders than those given here are possible)
1) Mum, I met him and his sister two months ago.
2) I really fancied him and I realised he liked me too.
3) She’s been my friend since we first met.
4) Him and me have been seeing more and more of each other.
5) He is being so kind, gentle and understanding.
6) Weve been on several trips together.
7) Theres so much to tell you, but I havent asked him if he minds
8) Well, actually, no, we havent done what you must be thinking!
9) He’s been brought up very traditionally.
10) How can I put this … his Dad is a cardinal.
11) He has refused to go to bed with me.
12) We have been engaged for two weeks.
13) We’re getting married next week – can you and Dad come?
Cambridge University Press 1995
Fancy [sb] (verb): be attracted to [sb] (ES: gustar, sentirse atraído por)
Mick admitted that he fancied Laura.
Mick admitió que le gustaba Laura.
Understanding tolerate person (ES: comprensivo)
Bring up to teach a child to behave in a particular way or to have particular beliefs (ES: educar)
Jumbled mixed up, chaotic (ES: desordenador)