Expressions with “Make”
Complete the sentences by using the following words.
Use each word once only..
1) It makes no to me how old he is.
2) He bought her flowers to make for being late
3) When he made a at her, she slapped his face.
4) Since he made a in property development, he’s been living a life of luxury.
5) Somebody’s made an on the Presiden’t life!
6) She made him an of £3 million for his business.
7) It really made her to see you all again.
8) The judge decided to make an of him and sentenced him to ten years’ imprisonment.
9) The only way you can make with them is by radio.
10) They made of the awkward way he walked.
11) On her salary she had difficulty making meet.
12) The minister made an about the new proposal.
13) Remember to use clean sheets when you make the
14) The boss made a of meeting every employee.
15) They made their to the stadium on foot.
16) Help! I can’t make of this exercise.
Make amends (ES: compensar)
Make a pass at sb: To make sexual advances on or propositions to one; to hit on one. (ES: insinuar)
To Slap : hit with open hand (ES: abofetear)
Make my day: To cause one to feel very happy. (ES: me alegró el día)
Awkward : Difficult to use, do, or deal with. Causing problems, worry, or embarrassment (ES: torpe, incómodo, embarazoso, difícil)
Make ends meet: to have enough money to buy what you need to live (ES: llegar a final de mes)
Make a point of +ing sth: insist on doing, say [sth] significant (ES: insistir)